Signs of Cyberbullying
Many kids and teens who are cyberbullied are reluctant to tell a teacher or parent, often because they feel ashamed of the social stigma, or because they fear their computer privileges will be taken away at home.
The signs that a child is being cyberbullied vary, but a few things to look for are:
- Avoidance of school or group gatherings
- Changes in mood, behaviour, sleep, or appetite
- Signs of emotional distress during or after using the Internet
- Slipping grades and “acting out” in anger at home
- Withdrawal from friends and activities